Sunday, October 25, 2009

Day Six: Living Room Demo

Today is the 6th day of Demo on the house, and today's goal is simply to tear apart the living room as we've already done in the bedrooms. Ed gives a quick overview here as we show the way it looks before our work begins.




In this video, I catch Sweetness taking down the ceiling. He is a stud. My job of taking down the walls was tough, but his job of reaching up all day while stuff came crashing down onto him was tougher.



Later in the day, I'm in the process of smashing out the living room wall & I hear glass break. I realized I was breaking the mirrored shelves in the den (what used to be a window was made into an enclave shelf), so I went into the den to pick up the mirror.

If you know Ed & me at all, I don't need to tell you he was not thrilled about my plan. He was afraid I would either hurt myself by not being able to kick out layers of concrete & drywall at all, or that I would hurt myself by getting my foot stuck.




Today's final video shows all the work done today.




Lastly, here are a few pics snapped along the way today.

http://picasaweb.google.com/picsoflindsey/DaySix?authkey=Gv1sRgCPyq-52O9dGGxQE&feat=email#

Th

1 comment: